Baking is considered as an art and requires a bit of practice to perfect it, but the journey of breadmaking is soulful and filled with satisfaction. TO watch the dough rise and slowly turn it to golden brown texture and not to forget the aroma is unparalleled. It’s a fun recipe of homemade 100% whole wheat buns to be tried with your loved ones.
Whole Wheat Buns
- 1 Oven
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 Bowl
- 3 cups Wheat Flour
- 100 ml Luke warm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp Dry yeast
- 50 ml milk
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Gently mix sugar, yeast and water to begin with. Allow it to rest for some time, this process will activate the yeast. You shall see the water getting foamy and bubbly.
- Add salt to the whole wheat flour and mix well.
- Add the yeast activated water to the flour and knead well for 10-12 mins.
- Once the dough is soft and comes together, then make round balls and cover it with a damp cloth for 1 and half hour till it is doubled in its size.
- Now divide the dough in smaller round balls of equal proportions
- Place each dough ball on the baking tray and again let it rest for more 30 minutes
- Pre heat the oven by 10 minutes at 200 degree Celsius
- Brush the buns with milk and sesame seeds and bake them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes
- To add glaze to the the buns brush it with olive oil
- Cool it for 10-15 minutes and serve