Indian chaat snack – boiled potatoes with vegetables and chaat masala. Chaat is a favourite of many and none you can make more simply than this tasty recipe. We mean, what’s not to like – boiled potatoes – good; fresh cucumber and tomatoes – good; chaat masala, salt and lemon juice – very good. It is not only easy to make, but also serves as a very nice side dish or an evening snack. It can be filling or just used as an appetizer as well. You can serve it along with a cracker or papad to augment its visual appeal as well as have another element to the simple, quick yet elegant dish. Also, if available, boiled small white chickpeas and freshly chopped onions go amazingly well with this chaat salad. Want to give it a twist? Use oregano and chilly flakes and serve with fresh sour cream. But now its time for our fun and quick boiled potato chaat recipe.
Boiled potato chaat
- 1 Pressure cooker
- 1 knife
- 250 gm Potatoes
- 1 piece Cucumber
- 2 piece Tomatoes
- 50 gm coriander
- rock salt to taste
- common salt to taste
- chaat masala Brand as per preference. We recommend Chunky chaat masala.
- 1/2 piece fresh lemon
- Boil the potatoes. Leave them to cool down. Once cooled, peel and dice them into small but chunky pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumbers like the potatoes.
- Finely chop the fresh coriander
Make the chaat salad
- Add all the vegetables into a bowl. Put in the salt, rock salt, chaat masala and squeeze fresh lemon juice as per taste.
- Garnish with coriander and serve fresh.