Egg Sandwich is a great snacking and quick-to-make dish that can be tasty and easy to make yet superbly tasty. This is a classic and satisfying breakfast or snack option that can be easily prepared in no time. With its simple yet delicious flavors, it’s a go-to choice for many people around the world. It can be served as a cold sandwich or this can also be grilled and served hot. This can be paired with filter coffee. milk coffee, black coffee or even Masala Chai.
This particular recipe is very famous in West Bengal as this is the Kolkata Coffee House Special Egg Sandwich which is a delightful and iconic dish served at the famous Indian Coffee House in Kolkata, India. This nostalgic eatery has been a hub for intellectuals, artists, and students since its establishment in 1942, and its egg sandwich remains a timeless favourite among patrons. You can read about Kolkata Coffee House
Egg Sandwich – Kolkata Coffee House Style
- 4 pcs Eggs
- 4 pcs Milk Bread
- 2 tbsp Mayo
- 1/2 tspn Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tspn Black Pepper Powder
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tbsp Chopped Spring onion
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Boil the eggs for 7-8 mins with a pinch of salt. After 7-8 mins immediately transfer the eggs to ice cold water (This will shock the yolk and it will remain juicy and soft).Slit the eggs and separate the yolk and white portion.Mix the yolk with mayo, salt, black pepper, mustard powder, and spring onion thoroughly.Now roughly chop the egg whites and add to the yolk mixture. Adjust seasoning is needed
- Now cut the sides of the bread and apply a layer to butter to it and put a generous amount of egg mixture and put another piece of bread over it.
- Cut it diagonally or rectangular and serve it with some hot coffee or tea