Meen Varuthathu Recipe – Kerala Style Fish Fry
Enjoy the famous and sumptious seafood recipe. Its a perfect starter recipe you must try for sure!
- 1/2 tspn Turmeric Powder
- 2 tspn Chilli powder
- 1 tspn Pepper
- 1 tbspn Ginger garlic paste
- 6 tbspn Coconut Oil
- Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the fish well. Drain off the excess water. Keep it aside. Barracuda fishes are the best.t for better taste and the crispy notch
- Start creating the marinate by adding turmeric, chilli powder, salt to taste, pepper , ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, and a tspn of oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Make sure to make small cuts on the fish flesh so the marinate coats well on the fish. Let it sit for 30 mins – 1 hour.
- Coconut oil and curry leaves are a signature for Kerala dishes. Add in amble amount of oil (required for a shallow fry) and cook the fish well in low flame.
- Serve hot will Onion Rings and Lemon.
Serve hot for a spicy and tangy crispy feel.